About Me

My photo
shoes, fashion, and a lot of black eyeliner.

Followers

Monday, March 29, 2010

sequins, shades, and a EW, why would you wear that?

Photobucket

I finally got to wear my MJ shoes. Honestly, I thought they would be uncomfortable because the platform is low compared to the heel, but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. (Although I had some trouble balancing while trying to get the hair whipping shot).
I usually don't like matching bright colors within the same outfit, but I thought these sequin shorts brought more attention to my shoes. I went out this night (in this outfit) and ran into someone I haven't seen since high school .. as soon as she saw me, her reaction was,
"Ew why would you wear that?!"
Hahaha .. oh the joy of living in Chicago where everyone just dresses in Banana.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Power Shoulder Blazer and Grey Ant Status Shades: shopakira.com; Shirt: Scarf from BCBG that I tied around myself; Sequin Shorts: H&M; Shoes: Marc Jacobs

12 comments:

  1. Loving your MJ shoes! And your sequin shorts. They are tacky in a really GOOD way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol - you pull off the sequin shorts! but you belong in NYC, not Chicago! I laughed at your comment abt how everyone wears Banana ... I'm not fashion forward at all and I can even understand the horror of living in such a conservative place. Boston = super conserv. booo

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - just had to comment back and ask...what are the favorite brands for 02446 and 10006? LOL - is there some database where you find this? I have a bad feeling that the fave brand of the first zip is something horrendous like Chicos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have amazing fashion :)

    I'm curious to check out Chicago... my friend from there hates on Californians every time he comes out here b/c we're too laid back :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling, your get up is perfection. Especially those fantastic shorts. I can sympathize with you though, the area I live in is odiously close-minded. I've seen enough sweatpants and ugg boots to willingly accept blindness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome. Those shoes are to die for.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your shoes are unbelievable! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so fabulous... I love the fierceness of this ensemble. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. post something new soon, i'd love to see more♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazing outfit and I can´t wait to see your next post :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahahahah dare to be different?!? I have yet to visit my family in Chicago! I've heard nothing but good things about the city!

    xoxo
    jO
    http://fashionbyjo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com